Welcome to Spring everybody! We can’t wait for the warmer weather to kick in – that means its time to get out of the house and into the great Aussie outdoors! In preparation for all your road trips and drives you will be taking, now is the time to make sure your car is in tip top shape.
Here are a few basic things to be mindful of leading up to the warmer weather. It’s always better to be proactive rather than reactive – before it’s too late..
1. Coolant/Cooling System – Probably the worst thing you can ever want during a Spring/Summer road trip is to be stranded on a highway in the hot Aussie sun; waiting for roadside assistance because your car has overheated due to lack of coolant or leaks. Top up or your fluids or if necessary; a full coolant flush.
2. Air Conditioning – Other than your car not working, being caught out with weak or dysfunctioning air con in the Aussie heat is unforgivable! Now is the time to get it fixed up or tested out. Have it checked with your next service or as soon as possible. We can also fix up those pesky odours/smelly air cons that a lot of cars have!
3. Windscreen Wipers – Often an oversight when it comes to the warmer months, you can never predict Sydney’s weather as you should all know! Too often we’ve been caught out in an unexpected monsoonal storm after a day of clear skies. The blazing hot sun also deteriorates those wiper rubbers very quickly, leaving them brittle and cracked. Make sure they are up to standard and ready to be used. A cheap and easy fix that can get you out of trouble!
4. Wheels & Tyres – Not necessarily related to the warmer weather, but if you plan on going on long journeys and road trips – you must always check your wheels & tyres for uneven wear and wobbles or vibrations. This can be extremely dangerous when travelling at high speeds for extended periods of time.
5. Suspension & Brakes – Again, these are crucial safety items that need to be checked before embarking on any long trip.
6. Lubrication – Make sure your car has fresh oil leading into the spring/summer season.
All of these items above can be easily identified and rectified in our Tunehouse Service. So save the headaches and book your car in for a service ASAP. We wish you safe and happy motoring for the end to the year! Call us on (02) 9557 4000 or Email email@example.com